photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

My Top 10 Lipsticks

By Wednesday, January 14, 2015 , , , , ,


Lipsticks are my recent favorite ever since I grew apart from lip gloss. Within a short period, I manage to purchase more than a dozen of lipsticks (some were given).
But a girl can't have too many lipsticks, right?
But I will not make a whole review of my entire lipstick collection. 
Instead, I will be listing my top 10 most used lipsticks throughout December. 


I can't really choose my Top 1 or whatever as I love them all so equally that they are like my babies. I love purchasing lipsticks from all sorts of brand so it really depends on the quality or finishes for me to like/love and be convinced. There are days I want a peach look or nude but on some days, I bring in the darker shades to reflect my mood.

Here are the swatches :

Under flash -

Under normal light -



M.A.C Russian Red ; Matte finish
This is a universal red for everyone and it is blue-toned which makes your teeth whiter. Even though it's matte but it is so creamy and non-drying at all. I would choose this over Ruby Woo. 

M.A.C Kinda Sexy ; Matte finish
It is a nude-pink shade which I purchased it because I wanted a nude but not too pale nude and it seemed perfect. Sometimes I apply the littlest amount for a hint of color

M.A.C Impassioned ; Amplified finish
It is a hibiscus pink that I didn't purchase but was given by a friend. Normally, I don't enjoy pink lipsticks but this is quite subtle that I do apply little amount as a tint to class and it gives me that natural flush. Love the amplified finish that it's quite moisturing.

Yves Saint Laurent #13 Le Orange ; Rouge Pur Couture collection Satin finish
To be honest, I didn't choose this color but it was bought by my brother and surprisingly I love the color. It is so creamy and moisturising PLUS it smells like fruity-ish. This may be quite pricey but I wouldn't mind purchasing it for the quality. 

N.Y.X Snow White ; Satin finish
It's somewhat like a dark brown-red but it is so beautiful! It is very pigmented even with just 1 swatch so I would recommend if you want to go darker reddish brown and it doesn't put a hole in your pocket.

Avon Hot Pink ; Satin finish
This reminds me of purple-pink but not as light as lilac but still! I would say it gives a very creamy finish but not very long-lasting.  Overall, I don't mind re-applying every single time it fades anyway.

Avon Matte Merlot ; Matte finish
This shade reminds me of burgundy-red and I love how it compliments my yellow, olive-skintone. It looked so scary on the tube but rest assure it isn't. Moreover, it is quite affordable as well.

Avon Berry Smooch ; Totally Kissable Collection in Satin finish
This lipstick collection is by far my most favorite lipstick ever that I purchased 4 shades from this collection alone.  I would describe it as hot purple berry but not too overempowering. It's very moisturising, creamy and more importantly, it is very pigmented as well.

Avon Red Embrace ; Totally Kissable Collection in Satin finish
The only reason I purchased this is because it was reviewed by Teen Vogue (surprise! surprise!) and I thought, WHY NOT? It is a bright orange-red more on the warmer tones. It's so affordable as well so I would highly suggest you checkout this color. 

Avon Make Out Red ; Totally Kissable Collection in Satin finish
This lipstick was given by my mom because she thought this color would suit me. It actually did. It is described as a pink-red but more on the rose-pink. If I am feeling girly that day, I would slapped on this lipstick.



That's all for my blog review! I hope this helps :D



Till then, 
xM

You Might Also Like

0 comments