photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

YSL Rouge Pur Couture in #13 Le Orange Review

By Monday, January 05, 2015 , , ,




Hey everyone! 
I will be reviewing Pur Rouge Couture and it is one of YSL's best selling lipstick range besides Rouge Volupté. I had to ask my brother to purchase it in duty-free for me and he claimed that most of the shades from Rouge Volupté were sold-out! I was bummed but I had to settle for this collection but I am glad that I did.


Description:
A new-generation lipstick inspired by Monsieur Saint Laurent’s iconic color palette—red, fuchsia and orange—in a collection of captivating couture shades that offer each complexion a customized look. Lips are saturated with intense, stay-true color, thanks to the Coloreveal Technology while natural extracts provide comforting moisture that lasts all day. Provides medium to full coverage with a radiant, satin finish.
The color that I have chosen is #13 in Le Orange .


Firstly, the packaging deserve major points. It feels so luxurious and despite the hefty price, I wouldn't mind, It's light-reflecting so it is easily smeared by fingerprints.
 Thus, it isn't as heavy as I imagine neither. 
I give it 5 out of 5 stars. Hands down to YSL for their creativity.

Without light:


With light:


You can see the YSL engraved onto the lipstick. I don't think that's relative new nor interested but it may be a thing for someone else. 


I take my scents seriously and so far, it smells so fruity like mango and not overpowering. 
I find the texture is creamy so it glides onto chapped lipsticks and leaves it so moisturizing. 
It is good for 4-6 hours if you don't consume meals. Even if you do, it stains on your lips so it is pretty long lasting if you ask me. 


Swatches under light :-


Swatches with normal light :-



Swatches on hand under normal light :-


Overall, 

It is an expensive lipstick but it is an Award Winner collection so I have no qualms paying it if it is a good quality. For makeup hoarder, just buy! You have my permission!
 I have to give it for the packaging for an attention-seeker. If you wouldn't mind splurging, just get it.
Extra :this collection has one famous shade called #52 that was a trend-settler by a Korean actress. 
I wouldn't say it is a must-have but for a collection - why not?
Since they don't have a YSL beauty store here so it can be quite hassle having to visit neighboring country just to purchase a lipstick. 
I probably will drop by their stores and maybe get a few more shades? I might even try Rouge Volupté collection as well *Makeup hoarder mode ON*

Have a great day!






Price : Approximately $52 - 58 SGD (RM153 approx.)
Where : YSL Beauty Stores in ION Orchard, Singapore

You Might Also Like

0 comments