photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

Top 5 Red Lipsticks

By Wednesday, August 12, 2015 , , , ,


Being a beauty enthusiast, my biggest pleasure was entering beauty department and stare and swatch red lipsticks and not buying any.The reason was I used to fear what others may think or say about me. Luckily, my mom and my boyfriend encouraged me to do what makes me feel good.
It took a few tries to feel comfortable in the eyes of the public but I'm sure that the lipstick itself gave me a sense of confidence that I never thought I had. 



Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Poppy Love, 4g. (Discontinue) RM20.90
Satin matte finish | Pigmented | Affordable
The color is bright coral-red and I would recommend it to anyone who are up for a daring look as it may draw attention from a person or two. However, this may smear if you are not too careful. Long lasting even after consuming meals.

Dior Addict Fluid Stick in 754 Pandore, 5.5ml RM103
Glossy texture | Subtle | Pricey
It's more of a rosy-red. I wouldn't consider it a lipstick, more of a more glossy, pigmented lip gloss. Very mild compare to the rest. I find the texture is quite heavy. You will need 2-3 coats to achieve the actual color from the tube. Disappears quite gracefully ; leaving a slight tint. This is probably the prettiest package and that's that. 

NYX in Snow White, 4g RM15
Pigmented | Smells intoxicating | Easily smeared
I love this shade! You probably need the minimalist amount of makeup whilst applying this as it draws attention instantly! I would use this a whole lot often if it weren't for the scent. Overall, I think the price does justification for its quality. The packaging needs to be improved. 

YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 13 Le Orange, 3.8g RM140+
Matte finish | Smells fruity | Difficult to purchase 
It's an orange-red shade that was also used by Kourtney Kardashian in one of their series. I heard it was constantly sold out but fortunately, I have gotten mines from the airport. It's pigmented, smells amazing, glides on like heaven and lasts pretty much the whole day even after consuming meals. The range offers various finishes as my other Rouge Pur Couture is in Satin finish. 


M.A.C in Russian Red, 3g RM71
Matte finish | Nice scent | Not for dry lips
A bloody red! It was initially this or Ruby Woo but the latter was so difficult to swatch even on my hand so I decided to stay safe and gotten this instead. Do exfoliate your lips before applying this. I do noticed that my teeth becomes whiter after applying this lipstick due to its blue-tones. 



Swatches :
Under normal light

Top to bottom : Russian Red, 13 Le Orange, Snow White, 754 Pandore, Poppy Love



Under flash

Top to bottom : Russian Red, 13 Le Orange, Snow White, 754 Pandore, Poppy Love


I hope my review may help you search for the shades that you have always wanted! 



Where to purchase? 
Any Avon Boutique, M.A.C, Dior, Sephora outlets, YSL, however, is only available in KLIA2 airport or neighboring countries such as Singapore. 



Till then,
x M





You Might Also Like

0 comments