photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

M.A.C Online Haul

By Tuesday, April 08, 2014 , , , , ,


All my life, I have never used nor purchase MAC cosmetics before and although my aunts, my friends and YouTube gurus rave about it - I still don't get the hype at all.
What I observed when I see MAC's counter :
1. It's all black packaging. 
2. It's always Harajuku girls theme 
3. It's expensive 
4. I am a newbie to makeup, why bother?

To the extend, I have only started buying MAC cosmetics this year, like February. So I am still a newbie to most brands and I guess you can say I stepped out of my comfort zone and started experimenting with various brands so and so forth. It's really exciting because you are discovering the wonders of something that you never knew it existed. I guess that's what I am going through now. 
Which is bad because I am going broke each month. 

Okay so MACCosmetics Malaysia finally has their own e-online site which you can purchase their products and have them shipped to you and it's free shipping till the end of April 2014. 
It's quite an amazing thing because I don't live in Kuala Lumpur nor my town has any MAC Counter (bummer!) and right now, I don't really have trouble purchasing one. Thank you M.A.C!

Like I said I am new and the very first thing I purchased from them was the Studio Finish SPF35 concealer and boy, it is so good that it actually brightens up my eyes and doesn't crease at all. I bought it from Singapore and I had a very lovely Sales Assistant/Makeup Artist that helped me with my shade NC35 (I got superb tanned at that time) but I am pretty sure I am somewhere NC30 now? I use it so often that I was told it will take about a year to finish it up. I kinda dumped my Benefit Boi-ing (creases easily) and switched to this ever since. 

Let me tell you about their service, it is superb efficient and I think I ordered like Tuesday night and it was shipped to me on Thursday morning. That's how quick it is. 



It comes with a sleek black box and it looks so clean. 



The first item that I got was the Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade.
It is described as a luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothed in; adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face.
Weight: 10g 
Price: RM120.00 



I was told that it was from Haley Williams x M.A.C Collection in 2013 and it was selling like hot cakes and it was practically sold out everywhere (?) but fortunately for me, I managed to purchase it without all the hassle. 
But when I was looking for description on the website today, it was sold out. 



Basically, you are paying for a highlighter that can last for ages. I'm sure it'll be my favorite product as it is so multifunctional. 
It is a very gorgeous swirl of pink, blue, white but you will get a whitish frost highlighter. 
So far, I only apply them on my cheeks and although it was advised you can use it as an overall to the face, don't. Full stop NO! I did and it looks like I applied glitter all over my face. Maybe it was my technique wrong but I will try again next time. 

Swatched, 


It does well for a highlighter but lasting power no. It could only last 3-4 hours so you can always reapply like I always do. 
Price wise, it is quite expensive but a little goes a long way and I'm not joking about it. 
No smell whatsoever so yay! I really dislike weird, funky scent that lingers on your face. Eek.

Pros : It can be a multifunctional product e.g. As an eyeshadow, overall face, brow bone, no foul smell.
Cons : Expensive, works for fair skin, works for3-4 hours max, limited edition.

Overall, you could consider this as a highlighter if you have never own one before or else - I would highly suggest Benefit's High Beam. It has so much content that you will take ages and ages to finish it. Still, I enjoy this product a lot for its' multifunctional. 

The second item that I got a hold of ever since I started reading ItsJessicaChoy and she purchased this wonderful cream eyeshadow and I was sold when I read her post! 

Eye Prolong Wear Paint Pot in Camel Coat.
A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.
Size: 5g
Price: RM75

Normally I would not purchase eyeshadow as I was banned from eyeshadow shopping ever since my aunt got me Naked 3. 
But I guess you can say reading Jessica's post made me wanna give a try in cream matte eyeshadow (never own one) so I did swatches in Singapore. But I wasn't keen on getting it as its' price was stiff (30+ sgd) and I thank my lucky stars for not purchasing it as it's way cheaper than Malaysia! Yay to me!

This comes in glass packaging so it looks so cool and all. As soon as I got home, I swatched it again on my arm and feel like, "eek it's too dark for me!" But rest assured it looks very natural on my lids so I guess I don't have to exchange it. 


The swatch color may look like dark grey-brown but it looks good for an au natural look when you really want a minimum makeup. 
I have never used a cream base eyeshadow and this is really legit that I might want to purchase various colors soon. It's an amazing investment and I don't have to use a primer at all! A-m-a-z-i-n-g! 

Pros: It's matte, affordable, long lasting, non-crease, has various shades and colors to choose from.
Cons: I still can't find a single flaw of it. 

Overall, I think this product is amazing when you want to achieve a simple eye-do and still look effortless. This will probably my everyday to college eyeshadow as I am so lazy with the whole eye primer + eyeshadow routine on certain days. 

That's all for my M.A.C haul !

Let me know if you have tried and like/dislike it! I love reading comments <3

Till then, have a wonderful week ahead!

Do follow me on Instagram, Twitter and BlogLovin <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments