photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick in Deep Orchid

By Thursday, April 17, 2014 , , ,


Being a lipstick junkie, I have been collecting the same shade of colors for quite a while. It's always been nude or dusty rose or brown. 
You know it takes a whole lot of confidence to pull off an bold lip color?
One day, there's a new shipment came with samples of lipsticks. I was so excited because I have always wanted to try a red/dark/unusual lip color other than in my comfort zone. I applied immediately and went, "whoaa!" and felt slightly uneasy over the new look. To top it off, people who saw were like, "what a daring color you got there!",  "it's so dark", etc. Of course they are some who were being lovely (rather polite) and compliment how beautiful the color is. Some even did a double-take to ensure they weren't colorblind. 
It really bothered me because my level of esteem was so low that it sunk into a whole new level of low. 
But what bothered me most was how celebrities and even Lorde being pale as ever pulling off a dark lippie without breaking a sweat. It's such a wonderful trend and I was in dire of new color. We are young, we shouldn't be judged over our hair color/lipstick/tattoos or anything.

When Avon Cosmetics came up with this amazing Totally Kissable lipstick range last year, I was swoon! 
Knowing Avon hardly produces dark shades and I guess I was lucky enough that they have included the darkest shade I have ever encountered and of course, I made the bravest decision to pick the darkest violet/purple shade called Deep Orchid

Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick.
Comes in 10 shades, size 3g
Price RM23.90


Description : Its' a full coverage lipstick with conditioning color infused with fruit enzymes and a blend of natural oils for lips that are visibly fuller, softer and smoother.

It looks matte-satin but once I swatched it on my lips, it has a hint of creme and glossy finish. Not a problem for me as I find matte lipsticks tend to dry my lips and I like a little gloss and shimmer lippie as I prefer matte on my eyeshadows. 
I find it really moisturizing and highly pigmented that I need just 1 or 2 coats of it to achieve this bold look. 
HOWEVER it has a weak staying power. I usually do two coats then press against a tissue to remove the excessive moisture. 
But for the record, it doesn't smear as bad as NYX Round Lipstick. 
I love the texture that I bought another 3 colors from the collection. 
The scent reminds me of coconut oil which isn't too empowering but you won't smell it once you apply it to your lips. 

The packaging is in mirror reflective form and I would say it's by far the classiest packaging they had over the years. 
But it is tad annoying as it gets dirty easily with your thumbprints, smudges, etc.

I find this color is suitable whether you are white, tan or even tan skinned.
If you are uncomfortable with it, I suggest you try them beforehand. It's a very rich color and for its' affordable price, it's worth every cent. You might want to consider using lip liner or lip brush or both if you want a precise or fuller lips. I often opt for small lips with dark colors. 

+ I use a lip brush first then apply the lipstick on my lips for an overall finish. 

And the aftermath, 


It is so hard to smile with a dark lipstick, I look like crap so I decided to make a fool of myself. That's what life's all about, right?


And if you are still scared of getting a dark lipstick, you can always stick to fushia.



Makeup used : 
Benefit's POREfessional primer
Gimme Brow in Light/Medium
Urban Decay Naked Palette 3 
Avon Ideal White Liquid Foundation SPF 20 in Beige Orche
Avon Oil Control Pressed Powder in Oriental 
Avon Glimmerstick Eyeliner in Blackest Black
Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Peach
Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick in Deep Orchid 
Avon Absolute Lipstick in Smooth Plum (for the fushia look)


Have you tried Totally Kissable lipstick?
Do leave comments if you have any inquiry or questions.

Till then! 

You can purchase Avon in various Avon Cosmetics outlets nationwide!
www.my.avon.com 




Follow me on twitter : www.twitter.com/spilling dreams 

Instagram : @xmichl

Bloglovin : www.bloglovin/xmichl



You Might Also Like

0 comments