photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

Singapore Haul from Sephora

By Thursday, April 03, 2014 , , , , , , , , ,

Having a huge weakness for cosmetics, I couldn't come home without some makeup/skincare products right? I know you are probably wondering why am I getting a new foundation each month? I really wish I have an answer for that but I promise myself from now onwards, I will try to limit myself from purchasing things I have own.
I only bought four items *self praise* considering I have restricted myself from getting so many items. I bought a cleanser as mine finished when I was in Singapore. I know, what a bloody unfortunate coincidence! Thankfully, I received an email saying I could redeem 10% off for my next purchase. Let's just say it's a win-win situation. 

L-R: Living Proof hair primer (free), Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation, Percy & Reed Dry Conditioner, Soap and Glory Face Soap Clarity cleanser, NYX Round Lipstick.


I will only be reviewing Josie Maran, Soap and Glory and NYX


Soap and Glory Face Soap Clarity was purchased when my cleanser finished in Singapore.
Sorry no pictures, it's in my bathroom and gosh it's wet :(
I have been wanting these for a long time as it smells quite divine when I opened the tube (is that what you called it?) but again, I do not like mix matching my skin care products with my usual.
What I enjoy about this cleanser is that it smells really good like an aftershave and it has this microbeads that's suppose to cleanse your face or something. So far, I have used a quarter of it, twice each day and I don't know whether I will be repurchasing as I have my staple cleanser that goes along with my toner, moisturizers. I think this cleanser goes well with all skin types but do consult your dermatologist first.
Price wise, it's 17sgd but I wouldn't say it's very expensive for a cleanser that actually gives you a warm cooling effect after rinsing it.
Will I repurchase? MAYBE. I have no idea but yeah, probably.

***

   Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation is a long name to describe a serum-like foundation! For now I would call it the Josie's for convenience, it is formulated with Chameleon Pigments, a breakthrough color-match technology that reads and instantly to match your unique and changing natural skin tone. It's the only foundation you will need year round to provide age-defying undetectable buildable light to medium courage.
It is infused with Argan oil which is a superior source of antioxidants, Vitamin E and essential fatty acids. It also nourishes and protects skin and hair and keep them functioning at their optimal level. It is your answer to healthy, youthful, radiant skin and hair ... naturally.
Luxury with a conscience - Josie Maran

I have gotten the fair/light and I think is the fairest among them three. I didn't intend to get a foundation knowing I am not a frequent user and it's over my budget. But you know I was sold over this whole new technology thing and yes, I bit the bullet. 

Packaging wise, it looks very scientific way. It comes with a pump so that's pretty good and I still don't see any uniqueness to the bottle except it doesn't look like a regular foundation bottle.
Price, 68sgd for 1oz. I would say it's more expensive than Benefit's and a few dollars cheaper than Nars.
Coverage, it's light to medium. I don't do second layer when apply foundation as I find that can cause cakey feeling. It cannot conceal any marks whatsover. But what I have noticed that it makes me feel radiant like the Avon's Skin Goodness except this has Argan Oil and way overpriced.
At first I didn't like it at all! I live in a humid country so I expect it to be lightweight but still does the job. 
It feels very greasy as I was sweating and I swore off this is the worst investment ever. As you all know, I spoke way too soon. I gave it a try for the second time and realize it's actually a good product for a "no makeup" makeup look or this could be substituted as a tinted moisturizer. I do use primer for it and when I'm on indoors, it works fine but if I have to walk around under the sun and all, a setting spray is very helpful. 


It looks white but once you start blending, it goes so well that you feel like you didn't use none whatsoever. For me, I only needed 1 pump and that's way enough. But if you are using a foundation brush, you will need at least 2 pumps but I prefer applying it with my fingers. 
I don't think it's worth splurging this but if you are like me with little or no imperfects (except my dark circles), this is very suitable for you. After all, concealer is here to conceal our crazy ass dark circles/acne marks, right? I enjoy the whole technology stuff but that's that. 
I probably will not repurchase this unless they drop the price but it is an organic, vegan, paraben, fragrance-free. Anything that's organic is definitely more pricey but I think this can last for a long time if you use a pump like me. I almost wanted to exchange it for the Argan Oil but I then found out Sephora Malaysia isn't selling it due to some regulative laws. I would recommend to whomever wants an organic. paraben-free foundation.

***
NYX Round Lipsticks are amazing in so many ways, it's affordable, it has so many colors to choose from and it's very creamy but it smells bad, doesn't last and melts easily.The color I purchased this time is Femme.


I would describe it as a neon orange/peachy color that does pretty well on the lips. As you all know, this year is all about rocking an orange do and I felt pretty excited to give it a try and absolutely love it! What a shame that Sephora Singapore only have like 10 colors instead of the original 100+ ish? No worries, Malaysians! You can purchase yours from ColoursCosmesticsMalaysia.com for RM15.50. They are pretty much the most reliable online cosmetic store. I purchased NYX Snow White and Vitamin and a NYX powder blush. It arrived within 2-3 days. 
What I dislike about the lipstick is that it is easily smeared and again, it smells bad. 


Used Josie's and Femme. Forgive the lighting that made me so orange-like 

Packaging, it's plastic but it doesn't bother me. I seriously think if the packaging is fancy but the lipstick is crap, WHY BOTHER? 
Price, 9sgd for 4g, big thumbs up! I don't know whether this is a hit-seller but this looks very poppy on me so yes, I hope it is as I would like to get some for my girlies haha.
Will I repurchase? definitely will recommend this lipstick range for an affordable, fun color. So far, I have tried only 3 lipsticks of theirs such as Snow White, Vitamin and Gardenia. Looks like my collection is going to expand pretty soon. Do checkout on ColourscosmeticsMalaysia.com for more NYX and other brands that isn't easily accessible in Malaysia.


I guess that's all for my reviews and stay tune for my The Body Shop Reviews soon!

Till then, x M


You Might Also Like

0 comments