photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

Avon Skin Goodness Mineral Review on Loose Powder, Pressed Powder and Foundation

By Thursday, March 06, 2014 , , , ,



Fall in love with Minerals again. Avon has done it again with their new range of Skin Goodness Minerals collection that consists of foundation, pressed powder and loose powder. 
The question would be : What is the difference with an average foundation?
It is 100% naturally derived nutrient-rich mineral blend such as vitamin-enriched formula that helps to provide buildable coverage while letting your inner beauty shine through. It is even better that it has better sun protection and better coverage. With formulation of Amethyst and Malachite, the Skin Goodness Minerals helps to improve skin clarity. Within a week, your complexion will look healthier and more radiant without makeup on.
Best part is that it is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive ones.

 A few years ago, they had a range of it too except a loose powder foundation, blushers and eye shadows. Now they have expand with foundation, loose powder, pressed powder and blushers.

FYI I have a combination skin, I have no reaction to whatsoever brand (thank goodness!) and I thought the description gave me a slight of hope to improve my skin to look more radiant in a week so yeah - why not?


 The first is the Healthy Minerals Loose Powder, 6g RM29.90
Blend for a fresh, flawless matte look.


Color: Light Ochre

When I first observed the loose powder, it's very shimmery and the texture is so fine as they promised. I was slight worried about its' coverage since it's extremely fine and it freaking has shimmer so I was worried my face will have a shine-fest! I am always a matte person so I tolerate none whatsoever. 


Look at this! It's so gold-ish hue and for a minute I thought I am going to use a gold eye shadow all over my face but once you blend all over, you will see a matte look as promised. Pictures will be at the end. Coverage-wise, medium because I am living in a humid country and most of the time, my makeup melt after a few hours but yesterday I tried walking in the sun for the whole day : It did not just melt but I had to blot as I was sweating all urgh. The weather is way too hot, nowadays.
For all make up beginners, you will be needing a foundation to go along with this loose powder. But of course, if you prefer powder over liquid foundation + powder, use a pressed powder.


Secondly, Healthy Minerals Pressed Powder, 13.5g RM25.90
Ultra-fine and silky, minerals texture and great for touchups all day long.

3 out of 7 days, I use a pressed powder for my makeup routine. There is going to be days I will be running late or feeling extremely lazy for the whole process so it's safe to say a pressed powder is a holy grail for a fuss-free, simple yet effortless look. My boyfriend can never stand waiting for me doing my makeup so often I would be rushing out of the shower, apply moisturizer, serum and apply pressed powder before he rings the doorbell. The rest of the process, I will be doing in the car/bus/train or sometimes in a restaurant. What's amazing about pressed powder is that you can use it for quick touch ups or you want an extreme light-weight makeup for few hours. I get it how we get carried away with distractions and you wouldn't want your boyfriend/husband/friend/family member to be pissed while waiting, right? 






Color: Sand Beige

Like I said, it promised to deliver the silk texture that is very useful for me as I have color correcting issues, my forehead is extremely tanned while my cheeks are much fairer. But since I got this pressed powder the wrong color, one shade darker so I would save it when I actually get tanned. Although it provides with a sponge, I use my softest blush brush to apply only on my forehead and under the concealed area. You really don't need that much of makeup so embrace your natural self or fake it like I do (to look radiant not cakey duhhh!)


Now when choosing any foundation/pressed powder/concealer, never I repeat NEVER judge your skin tone based on your hands because your face and hand skin tone is never the same unless you're an animated cartoon series. Its texture is not thick but it does medium coverage. I would still use it even if it's a shade darker but like I said, I just apply on my forehead and areas that I have concealed only.

Lastly, Healthy Minerals Liquid Foundation, 30g RM29.90
Lightweight, breathable formula with pure mineral pigments, anti-oxidants and Vitamin E for a radiant, 
natural finish. 

When you want a flawless look, use a foundation. Sometimes it takes more to look less so if you are like me who require a minimum 10 hour makeup resistance, foundation is very essential on looking flawless. Most of us think what's the whole purpose of foundation right? It is a tool of correcting/balancing your skin color or create a perfect canvas before applying a loose powder to set your face for an entire day. 

 
Color:Nude

Now anti-oxidants is a good element of protecting our skin from cellular damage but I  feel like my face turn more brown/dark when I used this. Since this is all minerals product, there are chances you will have the same reaction as me but trust me, all of these can be prevented. To solve this scenario, I use Benefit's POREfessional as my primer. I really love this foundation because it gives me this glow so nice that I look so effortless and I only need so tiny of it for my entire face. Although I use M.A.C studio finish concealer, it did not crease on my undereyes so I am very glad they mix and match well. 







The downfall of this product that it will not work well with humid weather. But with a good primer and finishing powder (or I would call a loose powder) and a setting spray, your makeup will not go cakey.  I enjoy this foundation the most compare the two as it gives me this glow-y look and worth the price. At 30g, I am sure it can be used for 3 months and more. 

Overall, I would say this a great product equals affordable price. I am all on student's budget yet looking amazing. You can't find anywhere this kind of price so I would give thumbs up on this collection. Each time someone gives a a compliment how did I manage to look so radiant, I would be glad to introduce this. The downfall is the colors they offered is very limited (3 colors only) and it sucks if you can't find the perfect foundation as M.A.C. or Benefit but I think they only cater for Asian women so yes it sucks! They do have a line for their blushers coming up next month but I was disappointed that all of its colors were the same as before I wouldn't be purchasing any. 

Here are the aftermath,








Using : Benefit POREfessional primer, All of Skin Goodness Minerals foundation and loose powder, Stay Not Stray eye primer, Urban Decay Naked Palette 3, Benefit Hoola Bronzer, NYX powder blush in Pecan and The Body Shop lip balm with lychee flavor.
Polka dot pinafore, crop top by Cotton On



Till then,
Stay Gorgeous !

x, M

You Might Also Like

2 comments