photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

Back from Singapore

By Sunday, March 23, 2014 , , ,


    


My mini getaway ended last Tuesday while looking back, I wish I had another vacation somewhere tropical/far away from town, etc. 
But I wasn't here for vacation ... 
This time I stayed at Mandarin Orchard Hotel as I was attending my aunt's wedding. Let's just say it's the best hotel to live in as it's in between 313 Somerset and Takashimaya + Wisma Atria.

I am a frequent Taka goer as : 
1. Pique Nique/ Ladurée macarons
2. There's a Sephora there :D
Service is quite good and very attentive to my needs. I haven't been to any Sephora outlet since then. 
3. I love how it's so convenient to go to Wisma Atria at the same time for Lush
4. My aunt and grandparents love going to ISETAN for home appliances. 


If you are planning to get anything from M.A.C, go to Robinsons. I forgot the SA name but she's so friendly and helpful by picking out the right concealer for my oily eye bags. I went and tried my luck with NARS but the second I saw it's the bloody same SA, (she still looks like a snobbish bitch) I left within seconds. 

My first night was just my grandparents, aunt and her family, my soon-to-be wed aunt and my siblings. My parents had errands to do so they came a day later. 
That first night, my sister and I took a night stroll around the city whilst looking for a suitable for dinner. I originally wanted Marche but we ended up going to Taka and made the quickest decision for din din as the mall will be closed at 9.30pm.
My sister picked Pique Nique as she wanted a "Western" meal.

I have never tried Pique Nique before as I would usually buy their macarons and that's that. 
The decor is quite interesting but not too OTT. It was quite packed but thank goodness we had seats but we had to share the looooong table with someone else. 



First of all, it's not expensive. It's quite affordable for a meal and it wouldn't make much of a difference if were to compare with food courts. 
My sister originally wanted the Mac n' Cheese but as I flipped the next page, there's a Petit Mac n' Cheese that's only 7.8sgd ! I know for a fact she can't finish her meal and after all the chit-chat, she agreed. I wanted Potato Salad but it wasn't available so I had to settle for Mac n' Cheese, too! 
While I was worried the meal would be too small, I ordered Whoopie fries (7.80sgd) just in case my sister nags for more food.

As for drinks, my sister asked for Sprite (3.00sgd) while I went for all detox with a pot of Earl Grey (6.80sgd). If I am going to compare dollar for a dollar with Secret Recipe, this is definitely worth the price. I poured my second cup and there's still half of it in the pot compare to SR that can only be consumed for two cups. 

Like I said, their macarons is definitely the best of all. They have a wide range like Peppermint, Red Velvet, Lemon, PB and J, Coffee, Caramel, Vanilla, Pistachio and I forgot hah. I think there's at least 10 different types. 
But we settled for peppermint and vanilla for her and red velvet for me. 



This is my sister describing how unique and good it was the macarons. She kept going on how soft it's shell and filling was. It's only 1.90sgd each. 

Soon, our food has arrived.


Is it petit? I thought it's quite a large portion (I am salivating while typing haha) and we regretted ordering two. 
It's very cheesy and what I did not like was the tuna in it. But I manage to eat though so I guess it's a speciality to combine them both. 
And soon after, our Whoopie fries came as well. 
What we didn't know the person next to us ordered the same thing! The same mac n' cheese and Whoopie fries too! *coincidence much?* 
It was a large portion. Taste okay, cheesy powder like McDees back then but I like it's serving is worth the price.



Total damage : 47.89sgd incl. tax. 

Totally worth it. We were so full and I did takeaway my mac n' cheese and fries for my bro instead. We couldn't finish it anyways. The service was good and efficient. I would definitely come back when I have the chance. 

Service : 4.5/5
Food : 4/5
Place : 4/5
Price : 4/5


Till then, M

You Might Also Like

0 comments