photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

Avon Mega Effect Review

By Friday, September 27, 2013


Being a makeup junkie, I love trying new products whenever it fits into my budget. Things that I would often splurged would be on eye palette or face products such as compact powder, primer, blusher/bronzer as they tend to build a foundation on your face before you even dabbed on eyeshadow onto your lids. One of the things that I will never splurge on is mascaras. Why? Newsflash! They have the least resistant among other makeup products, some of them only last up to four or six months depending on its texture and brand. Don't get me wrong, it is okay to splurge on them if you feel like your lashes deserve the best but I would not. The best part of mascaras is that you get to try something new whether it's a different brand or a newly-launched mascara with a better formula or maybe you can restock the mascara that you really love.
This mascara, however, is pretty different from your regular mascaras.

Avon's Mega Effect Macara is making a name of its own on the cosmetic range. I am not sure whether other brands will come out the same thing but I certainly hope they don't - it's so unoriginal, to say the least.


This tiny little mascara was somewhat too small for my liking at first, I was slightly worried about holding it and applying it onto my lashes like I said it was tiny. As you received it, it will be tricky to remove the Wonderbrush. You kind of need to wiggle side to side in order not to ruin the whole mascara and the texture. It took me 2 minutes to remove this bad boy so if you are experiencing it for the first hand, it is not rocket science.


 When i remove the tube, I was amazed over the brush most as it can pretty much cover up all the hard angles of lashes especially those inner corners of the lashes which is great because I always have a hard time doing that unless the brushes are super tiny and it won't hurt my eyes. You will find it hard to use at first but be patient, trying using it a couple of times to get a hang of it.


I practically applied three coats on the pictures above. I actually feel glad they invent the brush that allows us to separate our lashes easily compare to most mascaras which I often have to endure the clumps after 3 coats. It gives me this clean, long, volumized lashes without the help of mascara curlers. Although I accidentally poke my eyes for the first time using the brush and rant how I wouldn't want to use it ever again, I gave in and love it. But it takes a minute or two to dry off which I think I can live with it. 


Pros
- Creates a voluminous look after applying 2-3 coats
- It tackles my inner corners of my lash line
-  It did not smudge after a long day
- Affordable, RM29.90
- A very travel-friendly kit to carry on

Cons
- Not a waterproof mascara
- It's really wet so you need time to let it dry slightly before applying again
- It might poke your eyes at first
- Too small to handle
- You may have trouble opening it for the first time



Have a great weekend 
x M

You Might Also Like

0 comments