photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

Benefit's Primping With The Stars Review

By Tuesday, October 15, 2013 ,





Everything is better in mini size, at least in this palette anyway.
Benefit never failed to impress me with their pow wow catching quotes and colorful boxes. Ever.As promised for a review, I have been using them for sometime now for a week and thought why not make a review? 
Box decoration : 4.5/5
It reminds me of The Great Gastby concept and the wordings are very catchy. If you happen to pass by Benefit's counter, this can't be missed - at least in my case.


What you will receive are 6 deluxe sized items ;

1. Stay Don't Stray eye and concealer primer
2. POREfessional pore minimizer cream
3. Some Kind Of-A Gorgeous oil-free foundation
4. Benetint lip and cheek tint
5. Girl Meets Pearl luminizer/hightlighter
6. They're Real mascara


That's how tiny they are, I basically pack them in my makeup bag to work as I prefer to do my makeup at work. 


One of the plus points is they include instructions as well for amateurs to use them and of course, a mirror to go along as a travel kit. I personally thought the choices of products that were included in this box was worth the price. It's not use a face product but it is also included cheek and lip and a mascara to try. Most of the products can last up to 3 months minimum.

The first thing I have tried on was Some Kind Of-A Gorgeous color in Medium. Since it was much darker than my usual foundation/compact powder, I was slightly worried this product will be a waste. But I tried it, anyway. It's sheer so it did not make me tanned neither.



After blending it,


I am naturally pale so this foundation did an A-okay job to make me look less pale, more vibrant! What I like most about this foundation is that it is oil-free and gives me this barely there feeling even after a few hours. Since it is kind of small, I used my hands to dab it onto my face to feel the texture all. What I did not like was it's easy to remove as well, not in a good way. Take it when I'm sweating and wiping off my sweat  would also remove the whole foundation as well so yeah it is not advisable for a sweaty day unless you are going to remove your makeup after 2 hours then it's all good.
In a normal size, they offer 3 colors such as light, medium and dark/tan. I probably will repurchase this product once it's finished.

The next picture is the swatches of Stay Don't Stray primer, POREfessional pore minimizer,Girl Meets Pearl highlighter and Benetint.


Stay Don't Stray is amazing for me as I thought it's pretty good for a concealer primer even. The applicator is somewhat similar to Urban Decay's except I have yet to try the latter so it will be hard for me to judge its' differences. I love the fact it's scent-free and long lasting. It even makes my under eye bags look slightly fairer.

POREfessional pore primer was something I don't really see much of a differences but it did cover up my pores quite well if I notice them well but most of the days I don't so something I will not purchase unless of course it's on sale.

Girl Meets Pearl is the only product in the box that I was deeply disappointed. I can't see the difference as much as I was hoping to and I find it pointless. The only thing I would bother blogging about it is the amazing scent, if that helps.

This is my first time trying Benetint so I had an overall okay experience with a lip and cheek tint. This particular one smells like rose and it gives this flush pink. What I did was dotting it on my hands only to realize when you rub it, its' dots remained visible which kinda look bad? The color isn't too strong so it's perfect for barely there makeup look. 

The last item is what I've been eyeing on for a very long time and I finally got the chance to try it on and it's no other than They're Real mascara! I do have to warn you that it's not waterproof and it can be quite a hassle at first to use them. I ended up poking myself more than enjoying it for the first time so if it hurts, don't toss them away so soon as you might like them in the end. The first time, I applied it like any normal mascara except I did not make full use of the purpose of the mascara such as at the beginning of it has a star-shaped thing where it's main purpose is to use it vertically to volumnize your lashes better. 
It's really sharp so it be cautious before it poke your eyes like I did.




You can practically see the differences and how it does pull the "falsies'' look which I tend to like it a lot. However, it does get clumpy if you messed it up so I recommend to be patient with this product as it took me some time to understand the mascara to get my lashes looking like this. I still think Avon's Super Magnify mascara is the best mascara ever to get your lashes looking wonderful without clumps and is waterproof. Removing this mascara is probably the hardest thing ever so be warned for these beautiful, fake lashes.

Overall, this palette is worth splurging. Every single cent (it will be better if they replace Girl Meets Pearl with a Hoola bronzer). I wish soon They're Real lash will be waterproof so I wouldn't have to worry rubbing my eyes once in a while. Then again, I enjoy the foundation, eye and concealer primer and the lip and cheek tint so hands down Benefit! Other than that, I am pretty sure makeup junkies will enjoy this palette so feel free to comment if you have anything to ask or anything! I will do Go TropiCoral review soon after this.


Foundation : Some Kinf Of A Gorgeous | Eyeshadow : Avon's Mega Eyeshadow in Blushing Raisins | Avon's Smooth Mineral Eyeliner Pencil in Black Noir (best pencil eyeliner ever!) | Eye primer : Stay Don't Stray | Blusher : Benetint | Mascara : They're Real : Lip : Coralista lip gloss | Sweater : F21





Till then! 
x, M

You Might Also Like

0 comments