photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

Benefit Boutique @ Sephora Starhill

By Wednesday, October 23, 2013 , , , , ,









Last weekend, I paid a visit to the newly opened Benefit counter at Sephora Starhill which I initially wanted to wax my brows only. Boy I did really think I was coming home with perfectly waxed brows? Girls, hide your wallet if you don't want to dent your pocket, in my case I walked out with a bag of it and a blew my budget AS USUAL. As you arrived, you will see two stores : Make Up Forever and Benefit's. Both of them have different concepts and themes so I guess  Make Up Forever reminds me of serious and sultry while Benefit is girls just wanna have fun look. Latter all the way!


I don't know if heaven will look as good as this but dear God, please ensure heaven is as pretty as Benefit's.
How am I going to walk away without getting 'something'? The assistant/sales lady was very friendly. She introduced us the Christmas packages (below).
I don't know if God read my mind but prior few days visit to Sephora, I basically went on E-bay hunting for Little Love Potions but I thank my lucky stars for not betting any of those as well, I found them on the shelf literally begging me to bring them home with me (I am dramatic, bite me!)


They are selling the tins collection priced from RM160 to RM240, Little Love Potions at RM140, Minitures Eau De Toilette at RM140, normal sized at RM140 and below are just the skin care products.


I wouldn't mind applying as a part-timer for Benefit - Look at this place! Before I start drooling over their products, I shall discuss about my Wax experiences.

 

Waxing Procedure : I chose lip and brows wax (RM60 a set, RM42 for brows, RM28 for lips)

Before I even had a wax, I was asked a few questions whether I have been taking Vitamin C's, Accutane and so forth as these few supplements will cause my skin to dry out if I did it. I even had to sign a form as an agreement thing. Then the attendant (is that how you call it?) asked me whether I have tried waxing and whether I have done any brow trimming procedure. Of course the answer was no so she gave me a try whether I can handle it on my hand - which did not hurt as much as I hoped so I thought why not do with my lips, too? Three strips and I am pretty sure I regretted being a woman. She then drew my brows for the pre-outcome and how she would wax and trim as mines was thick and a mess, I'm sure beauty is a price to pay- I have done thread and trim but this 'pain' was different, you can't even fathom the whole new level I have to go through.  
Waxing just 1 brow takes 4 strips. That did not include in between your brows neither. Did I cry? I did teared up a bit. After the whole procedure, I was extremely satisfied with the results. 
She then used Gimme Brows onto my brows with the lighter shade of the two to give me those fuller brows. While typing this, I regretted for not buying the Gimme Brow but I will take note on getting them on my next visit. All the while of loathing my brows, I finally see its' potential and there's no way I am going to beg for thin brows ever. No discrimination but I was called weird for my thick brows in middle school so shoo away if you're going to send me hate mails.
If this is your first time, you will experience red bumps or maybe pimples above your brows and close to your lips after a few days. I read articles about it and it seemed pretty normal so don't panic! The remedy I have used was using toner and gently dabbed onto those red bumps area to soothe them up. If you have time, use an aloe vera mask or lotion for maximum results (in my case). Don't touch your face too often, neither. I have never experience this many pimples in my entire life so I did panic for a while but with a little care and love to your skin, it will be okay. I needed 5 days for the whole red bumps to go away even with 3 times a day of applying toner.

As I was done with my brows, I did some shopping with my aunt.

 

I came home with, 


I think they have this thing where if you purchase RM200 and above, one miniature gift, RM300 for 2 and RM400 for 3 - since I was combining with my aunt, we both spent RM400 and manage to redeem 3 free gifts. 

What I have bought :

Little Love Potions comes with 10 deluxe sized items such as -
  • It's Potent eye cream
  • High Beam highlighter 
  • Posietint lip and cheek tint
  • Stay Don't Stray eyeshadow primer
  • That Girl foundation primer
  • POREfessional pore minimizer
  • Watts Up highlighter
  • Hoola bronzer
  • Hoola lip gloss
  • BadGal Lash mascara
My aunt paid for my Ring My Bella eau de toilette and she gotten herself the Gimme Brow.
The freebies were a makeup pouch, Hello Flawless foundation and Sugarbomb lip gloss which I have given that to my aunt. 
Before even going to Benefit, my aunt came home with this for me. I am pretty sure I have way too many Benefit products to use. 
This kit is the How To Look The Best At Everything (priced at RM120) which is suitable for whomever would like to try their face products.


I'm not sure whether I will do a review on all the boxes but maybe I will rate top 10 products of theirs very soon. It's about time Benefit sponsors me their products already. In case you would like to know their products that I have reviewed, it's below. You're welcome :)
I should really start blogging about affordable makeup soon so be patient lovelies.

Till then, 

x M

You Might Also Like

0 comments