photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

Sydney Photo Diary from iPhone

By Wednesday, December 17, 2014




   I really wanted to blog about something worth reading for awhile and as you observed, I revamped my blog to be more personal. Thus, I will try to be more active whilst juggling with everything. 
***

Last month, my family and I visited Sydney, Australia. 
I have never been there and I was so psyched about it (minus the 8+
hour flight) which this trip was roughly discussed a couple months before and it just happened. I guess you can say it was quite spontaneous and too sudden [?]
We spent 5 days and 4 nights there and it changed my world ever since.

I will not blog about everything in detail but just roughly on here and there and what intrigued me so and so forth. 
The view outside our townhouse hotel is green-y. It is a 2-storey so it's pretty homey compare to high rise buildings. It feels more natural here than I thought. 











  
Every morning for breakfast, we will walk about 2 minutes or so to dine in their local restaurants. Oh it's at Redfern street in case you are wondering.

The first restaurant we tried was Baffi & Mo.

The food here is really salty especially I quite keen on salty food but this is plain up pouring grams of salt on the food. We ordered quite a large portion of food that's enough to share with 2-3 people.



That is literally what Big Breakfast looks like. Dude, I come from a small town hence small portion of food so this practically became my brunch.



Coffee here is relatively affordable, $4 dollars a cup? Even at tea salon coffee costs $4 (what the hell) I can't even find flat white here in Malaysia below RM5 and I don't think I ever will. 
My staple drink there is flat white alone.


* Passed by an English school *



Tried another restaurant called Tapeo and we were sold! The food here isn't too salty and there's a variety of selections to choose from. 




God I personally think it's amazing to pour maple syrup to your bacon because there's a tinge of sweet and savoury. If you are living in this neighbourhood, go ahead and give it a try!

We practically crossed out museums from our visit lists' so we visited the touristy places.

Habourfront & Sydney Opera House
Such gorgeous view and even though it's so sunny but cold wind, I don't mind. It's so breath-taking that you would want to sit back and actually see Sydney closely. At least that's what I did besides taking gazillion photos.


Crossing from George St. to Pitt St. to Liverpool St to almost everywhere we can by foot.
But my parents decided to take taxi the second day so we missed out the whole, 'let's walk on foot' but I don't blame them. It's really tiring but we did walk a lot while we were there.



A friend suggested I try Pancakes On The Rocks and goodness me, I couldn't miss the opportunity.

I think my sister had Bananarama and I had to try Strawberry something. Goodness, the portion is so huge! I ate half of what's served and I wanted to throw up. But thumbs up for it's oh-so-fluffiness.
My sister regretted ordering milkshake because of the heavy sweetness of combination makes you want to stay away from sweet things for a long time. But she got over it after a few hours.


Remember my sister said she couldn't eat any more sweet things after her caramelized pancakes? She had to stop by the nearest McDonalds to get a cone. I tried their McFlurry's (pricey) Bubblegum and it tasted sweet as sugar. Never again!


Queen Victoria Building

It's such an old but beautiful building that's filled with designers and stores like Lush even! Note that a few malls do provide free wifi which is why my friends were surprised that I was able to reply their messages in a jiffy. Malls here sucked because they close as early as 6pm. Some stores even close according to their own preference. 


Lastly, you can't visit Australia without seeing Kangaroos and Koalas right? Instead of going to a zoo, we went to Wild Life Sydney Zoo that has less animals but you get to go close with them but the kangaroos were so shy that we proceeded with Koalas that cost us $10 to take a photo with it.
They smell like mints which isn't even bad. At all. Their fur is so soft and they are probably the most pampered animals ever. We were lucky to have 1 Koala awake as we were approaching to take photos. 


I wanted to include the Chinatown, The Rocks, Chinese Garden from Friendship but this is based on iPhone photos and I took most of it from my digital camera. Fret not, I have uploaded them in my Facebook. 
Evidentially I am equally blessed to be able to visit such beautiful country that I won't forget and I hope I am able to visit new and more countries next year.

Have a wonderful week ahead!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments