photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

Batu,Indonesia

By Saturday, July 27, 2013

   Remember I wanted to blog about my trip to Batu, Indonesia? It was a long overdue post and I somehow feel like I need to be productive during this holidays. I didn't go anywhere at all. All I did was work work work. I can't wait for my paycheck though. Moving on to the trip last April, I made a survey prior to the trip because of my luggage limit stuff. My aunt said it will be chilly like Genting Highlands and I still wore my shorts. Oh well. I proved her that I am a badass hahahahha!    
If you search Batu in wiki travel, wealthy Surabaya business people will purchase houses here for the weekend. You'll expect many villas while driving further up. 


    This villa happened to be my uncle-in-laws' vacation house. Whenever they are sick of their city lives, they would just drive up to 4 hours to this beautiful place. It's cooling indeed. I wished my parents have a vacation home at Genting Highlands, too!!! So they have building A and building B. The A is the old, bigger building than the latter (in the left side of the picture above) In case you wonder how is the house so clean, they have a caretaker for that.


  This is the view outside of the main door. Most of the time, the kids will run around this section and go all the up to the hill, we will get back to that later. Since the house is located on the hill, we had to walk up the staircase. The parking space is pretty crammed. My first impression of this beautiful house? Pure bliss. It's never hot, it's chilly and it made me feel like home. Since it's a vacation home, all cellphone network is cut off or very weak connection. Don't worry, they have a land line to call in case you're proposed at this place hahahahah!  As you walk in, it's a living room.  

 In this photo, you can either go left or right which leads you to two exits. It has a few exits which makes it interesting if you are playing hide and seek. As for the surrounding, It's a chinese concept of furniture and 80's style, very cozy and you don't need fans for this house.. That's my akong (grandfather) getting ready to go out. 


  Cozy kitchen. You can practically get fresh milk here as there's a cow's farm very closeby. We practically smell scat till we got used to it, it's a nature sentiment if you ask me. See that door over there?

 Exit 1

 It will lead you to here. 


 While Exit 2 -
There are 4 huge bedrooms. I feel like a dumbass for not taking pictures of the rooms but I think it's 1 master bed room and the other two is slightly smaller but you can fit 4-5 at least each. Moving on, there is another exit! 


At first I wonder why do you even need so many exits door?
Little did I know, it leads to their planting section. 
Frankly, I didn't have time to differentiate which plant is which but it feels like Eco-friendly and seeing "green" stuff calms your mind. Scientific stuff.


If you notice the picture above, there's another stairs. Which either leads you to Villa B or to see the view of Batu. I feel inspired to buy a vacation home when I grow older, like gathering family together for a nice quality time together all. Family matters no matter where or how successful you are. I guess the Oetomo family does - otherwise why would they even extend more rooms? 
Family is a priceless treasure of God given rights.


As for villa B, it's pretty new as far as anyone can tell. While the staircase on the right of the photo leads to where I took the breath taking photo.


Alexis, my cousin being my tour guide of the day showed me around. 

 
We have arrived !!! You can practically sit or take pictures like me. I just sat there for sometime and think, did we take nature for granted? Did we forget how beautiful nature was? How can anyone say Eiffel Tower is the most beautiful place to visit when they barely even seen the nature has to offer?


As we walk down the stairs, my cousin suggested this unknown route which I was not aware it even exists. Oh well, I guess taking gazillion of photos kept me busy. 
Natalie explained that this particular route will take us to exit one. While walking, you'll see durians and more flowers all over. So many greens, I was so glad I get to breath in fresh air. 


That's Natalie, my cousin. I'm not sure if you can see well but the blue flooring is the car park area and it shows how this house is placed above the hills. And a cow's farm directly in front of our villa, as well.

If you read my description carefully, I have missed out the fourth room, no?


When I arrived, I asked my uncle whether its a store room and he opened -


I love the portrait, it really reminds me of the 80's so much. And I guess I found my answer over the extra room ... 


A ping pong room + another exit! 
I reckon the family must have loved ping pong besides badminton. Chinese people habits never die. 
A vacation home,indeed. If I have the chance to come again, I would love to discover the surroundings of the place by foot. Sitting in the car gives me limitation on taking photographs. 
One of the saddest thing that ever happen was my Diana F+ 35mm film back spoilt and I had to get a replacement :( I love taking photographs using film, you won't get the most perfect photo but its results is very breathtaking. Just a tip, this is probably the second place besides Lake Toba, Indonesia that has the greatest view for sightseeing and relaxation. Bali is beautiful but the overcrowd with tourists everywhere just ... If you want a beachy feeling, feel free to visit Bali. 

Food,
Indonesian food - I don't see any fast food restaurants whatsoever.
They're quite famous with sate (satay) and they even have rabbit's meat satay which scares the crap outta me.

Climate 
Chilly, somewhat like Genting Highlands. 
My aunt claimed we were very lucky to have chilly weather all day.

Do
I don't personally favor the whole climbing hills (or was it mountain?)
They do have waterfall and garden which I didn't have time for either. I did pay a visit for their Batu Secret Zoo for 90,000 rupiah.



I guess that's all for my stay in Batu. 
I did visit to their Batu Secret zoo + mini theme park on Day 2 and saw quite a lot of animals that I have never seen before like albino kangaroos, tiny monkeys, hyena, jaguar, etc. 
If my laptop is fine, we shall see.

I still have two more drafts to fulfilled such as Hello Kitty Town and Why I Cut My Hair. I'll leave that later. Till then ;)


You Might Also Like

0 comments