photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

Breathe -

By Thursday, May 09, 2013


I have always been good at hiding my inner self to the society. Mainly is because no one is worth telling. Don't get me wrong, I have friends but I think it's better to be a mystery than someone's open book.

I need to accept that anyone and everyone will disappoint you in some way.
I, too, disappoint the people whom I am fond out - which I will not go details into it now.

Anyways I promise to update my blog whatever it takes. 

There Are Things I am Obsessed About :

1. Magazines. 
I love reading but sometimes novels aren't going to give me tips on the latest fashion or the IT trend. Hence, magazines are my forte. They are kind of like go to updates and your pal when you're in dire of boredom. I am always reading - books, magazines, newspaper, articles. My parents should be thankful I am not high on drugs or alcohol. I do spend quite a sum of my allowance on these. 


Besides Teen Vogue, Seventeen, Cleo and Cosmopolitan, I find Company magazine is a worth read for fashion fanatics out there. I just hate the fact I am reading a magazine that contains more on daily drama stuff instead of ze fashion.

Teen Vogue Issue March 2013

For example here, I get some tips on how to look presentation with a headband instead of looking like Blair Waldorf. Joke aside, I love it when she uses hairband. It's a trademark, ladies. I would also get updates on new indie band, songs which I thank Teen Vogue for introducing me Haim. It's a three girl-slash-sisters in the making in this music industry. Take a listen to Falling if you are a fan of 70's music



2.Nail polish. 
I can't afford OPI nail polish so often as they are very costly in Malaysia (e.g. RM59, 19.87USD). 
I would purchase Asian brands such as The Face Shop, Elianto, Etude House and so forth. Some days when I have extra money, I would splurge on them. For this season, I am going for nude 

My Vampire is Buff, OPI Euro collection
and sand effect nail polish. It's beyond gorgeous (I repeat this word too often). Coincidentally, Mariah Carey  collaborated with OPI to create her own line of nail polish. I wasn't fazed at first, knowing, 'Oh another nail polish color?' but no, I wasn't aware they are having this one-of-a-kind sand effect. I just got to have it as soon it hits the stores. I purchase the mini collection which consist four colors of the sand effect, 
I paid for about RM89 (equivalent to 29.97 USD). 
Living Malaysia has it perks but I guess when it comes to imported items, luck is not on our side. I envy my friends who would go to overseas and purchase their goods without paying more than it's suppose to. As it was a mini bottle, I use them sparingly. It's just precious to me. But I then gotten fed up and am going to purchase them in a normal size bottles soon. My favorite color would be Stay The Night. The rest of beautiful, too. Two coats is all you need. Please, for heaven's sake, don't use top coat! It will ruined the whole rusty sand thing. 
And I am still in love sparky nail polish, too! The one that I love to death is Skylie in the Rainbow by Kylie Jenner in the Kardashians for Nicole by OPI. 
52
It's sort of hard to archive this look as you will need minimum three coats without any base colors to have this magic look. That's not it, it's really hard to come out, too. I had a really horrible time removing them each time I get bored of it. If you are not patient enough, skip this sparkly effect and use a normal nail polish color.

3. I love Reading, part II.
Books are just my forte, too. This spring break, I have purchased a number of books e.g The Help, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Diary of a Young Girl, Why We Break Up to name a few. I am still in midst of The Faults in Our Stars. I was never really a big fan of hearing cancer-relating stories since My Sister's Keeper made me so teary as I read throughout the entire book. I hope this isn't - surprise me, John Green!
I will introduce everyone to buy The Help. 
It's worth reading. Although it took me such a long time to finish due to classes and quizzes, I didn't stop halfway. It's a story back in 1902, where black people were known as second class and how the nannies lives - it was real based by the author's experience with her nanny. I think it's just so touching that I smile wide when I finished reading. 

4. OCD for Collecting Cosmetics.
Recently, I bought this so-called goods for a good cause 
Leona Lewis for The Body Shop
the perfume priced RM89 (29.97 USD) and lip gloss at RM49 (16.50 USD) 
The fluffy kabuki brush (is it?) and 3-way-blusher-eyeshadow was way too pricey, RM79 each (26.60 USD)
The scent is pretty musky floral but worth collection because the bottle is just so cute whereby the lip gloss I chose a dark brown as I want to go for colored lip gloss. It gives you minty feeling each time you re-apply. I heard that guys dig having minty feeling on their girls' lips. Try out yourself and give me the feed backs if you like. I think if you are a big fan of Bleeding Love singer, collect them. Just so you know it's beauty cruel-free. Limited edition items are just an excuse for extravagant prices, I'm suppose.

As soon as the news where Urban Decay is going to release the Oz The Great and Poweful limited edition make up palette consist of Glinda palette and Theodora palette, I went absolutely nuts. I, however, beg to differ being compared to Theodora's dark side. I love nude eyeshadows but I already have Naked 2. This is my second Urban Decay product, I must say, it was worth splurging RM189 (63.65 USD) for this pretty palette. Thankfully I have a wonderful boyfriend who would pay it for me and even went to Sephora all by himself (the place I am living is pretty lack of urban boutiques and so forth). 

It's a 6-quart refillable eyeshadow which two of them consist four colors respectively. You get this whole innocent, magical look. To my dismay, I brought this palette with me on my last trip to Indonesia. When I have a minimum luggage limit, I can't bring too many makeup nor clothes, I thought this would save me. Instead, I miss my Naked 2 more than anything else. I am always all about archiving au natural look whenever I am out for shopping especially during day, who would wear dark, strong eye shadow look? 
Overall, with an eye pencil and lip pencil in a set is worth splurging for Oz fanatics. 

That's all for the things I am obsessive about. 
I know there's probably more but I feel it's pretty harebrained to list them at all - life is full of surprises, you don't know what you're getting into. Have a lovely weekend!

I notice I have been blogging on on Thursdays. It's not like I specifically picked this very day but I guess everything happens for a reason. Really.

xoxo



You Might Also Like

0 comments