photo 8c7cfb0b-064e-4061-8bcb-4764271465c1_zps7630851f.jpg

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation Review

By Tuesday, October 06, 2015 , , , , ,


For almost 22 years of my life, I hardly wear foundation ever. 
I mean I do for weddings, special occasions but never on my usual makeup routine. 

The last foundation that I have purchased was Josie Maran's and the rest were freebies/samples of foundation but none of them seemed to suit my liking. 
But this, has changed my life. 

I'm not going to bore you with the whole description of 4K Camera that you could easily access from Sephora but this foundation is definitely worth the hype. I am pretty glad that they have given a sample of their primer since I have been wanting to try that, too. 

Firstly, I am a combination skin and I live in a humid country. So, I am in the shade of Y315 but I think the Sephora assistant should have given me Y305 as it will look more natural with my superb pale neck. Oh well. 

Foundation with a pump is what most brands should continue to do, in order to avoid bacteria transferring. 
Also, I suggest using a primer (I used Laura Mercier's) for it to go on your skin smoothly.


What I like about this foundation is that they are medium to full coverage depending on how many pumps you would like to go for your entire face. It's a watery consistency which allows you blend seamelessly without looking cakey and still provide that flawless look. The finish is somewhat satin matte which is great for not being too matte or dewy for my taste. Coverage wise, it managed to last on my face for 5-6 hours but since my nose gets oily easily, it tends to fade away pretty quick on that particular area. 

What I did not like about this foundation is the packaging, there is nothing luxurious about it. It, too, creates a white cast on my face when I tried flash photography. But since I am also using Nars Translucent setting powder, it will definitely create a white cast. Also, the price is not budget-friendly. 


Swatches :

One full pump 

After partial blending


Under outdoor light, 




Indoor with Flash :


Verdict,
It definitely gives me a natural, flawless look whether I am indoor or outdoor. 
I tried applying it with both fingers and brushes technique but the brush definitely gave me a much more seamless finish as compare to fingers. 
The texture is definitely lightweight but at the same time, it was able to cover up my most of my redness and hyperpigmentation without a concealer. 
I would definitely recommend it if you are willing to splurge for the long run. 
But for humid weather, I highly suggest using a primer and setting powder in order for your makeup to stay longer.

Size : 30ml
Shades : Up to 40 shades, mines is Y315 (Yellow undertone - Medium skintone)
Price : RM185
Repurchase? For the quality, yes. And only if I am able to afford.




Till then, 
x M

You Might Also Like

0 comments